Different professions don't always effectively share knowledge and best practice. We're playing a growing role in linking research to real change in the sustainable communities sector and building on existing knowledge.
Our areas of work for 2007-08 include:
- Community cohesion
- Low carbon communities
- Identifying skills gaps
- Sharing best practice
- European research
- Research with the with the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
We aim to:
- Establish a reputation for providing solid, practical knowledge and research for people in the sector.
- Increase understanding of skills and knowledge gaps to establish the position for workforce planning in the sector for the next 10 years.
- Promoting sustainable communities and community cohesion
- Skills for the future 2006: case studies
- Young people's careers research
- Skills for the Future Symposium - a summary
- Local strategic partnership learning programme on sustainable communities
- Skills and Cross Occupational Learning for sustainable communities professionals
- Planning and Engaging with Intercultural Communities